Equity is top of mind for health leaders—but revelations about bias in artificial intelligence is giving increasing cause for concern. In this episode host Rachel (Rae) Woods invites Microsoft’s Director for Artificial Intelligence Tom Lawry to discuss how bias creeps into AI. Together, they discuss the ethical principles leaders can adopt to ensure AI is used responsibly, and what we can all do to make intelligent systems more equitable.
Tom Lawry is the author of Hacking Healthcare, which details lessons learned from AI’s role during global pandemic and how to apply this knowledge to healthcare's other big challenges – including inequity.
- [Tom's book] Hacking Healthcare: How AI and the Intelligence Revolution Will Reboot an Ailing System
- AI in healthcare
- What does the future of AI in cancer care look like? Here are 3 global start-ups that we're watching to decide.
- Prep for a new era of AI and analytics: 5 insights from Advisory Board's 2022 AI and analytics survey
- Ep. 103: What an equitable organization looks like and how yours can get there
- Our Technology playlist
- Our Health Equity and Racism playlist
As we emerge from the global pandemic, healthcare is restructuring. What decisions should you be making, and what do you need to know to make them? Explore the state of the healthcare industry and its outlook for next year by visiting advisory.com/HealthCare2023.