Vertical integration and consolidation are significantly altering the healthcare landscape. From health plans to retailers to incumbent health systems, consolidation is reshaping conventional norms in the industry.
In this episode, host Rachel (Rae) Woods speaks with Advisory Board experts Paul Trigonoplos and Eliza Dailey about the reasons for and reactions to the recent explosion in consolidation across the industry. Throughout the discussion, they explore how different stakeholders are responding, and where the future is heading for diversification and integration.
- What does hospital consolidation mean for US health care?
- Ep. 139: The rise of the payvider
- Ep. 33: Are mega systems the future?
- Ep. 32: Are independent physicians going extinct? Not so fast.
- How the emergence of 'superpractices' impacts you
- Why Humana is consolidating 4 primary care practices into one new brand