With a variety of new (and expensive) therapies in the pipeline for 2023, it is understandable that the industry is feeling anxiety over the rise of high-cost drugs. However, there is not one-size-fits all solution. Industry stakeholders must consider and respond differently to each drug type.
In this episode, host Rachel (Rae) Woods invites Advisory Board pharmacy experts Gina Lohr and Chloe Bakst to discuss how industry stakeholders are thinking about different high-cost drugs and how they can prepare for the future.
- Ep. 134: Can Mark Cuban solve our drug cost problems?
- Ep. 159: Ozempic, Wegovy, and our questions on weight management drugs
- Why 'cash' pharmacies are booming—and what it means for healthcare
- These 4 groups will benefit most from drug pricing reform
- Ultra high-cost drugs
- Contracts to Mitigate Risks from Ultra High-Cost Drugs