In this episode, Rae talks to Dane Menkin, Director of LGBTQ services at Main Line Health, about how diversity, respect, and inclusion are vital to providing care to the entire LGBTQ population. They give practical advice on to get buy-in and support from leadership, share lessons for teaching providers and staff how to provide cultural competent care for transgender patients, and discuss how the moves by HHS and the Supreme Court impact transgender care going forward.
- LGBTQ Inclusive Care
- LGBTQ Health and Wellness Resources
- Trump admin rolls back ACA protections for transgender individuals
- Transgender patients need more than surgery-only care. Here's how to meet their needs
- How one organization equipped their staff to deliver culturally competent care to LGBT patients
- 'Sir, these are female hormones': What it's like to go to the doctor when you're transgender
Questions? Comments? Want to learn more about Advisory Board? Send us a message at email@example.com