U.S. health care has made some strides in making behavioral health treatment more accessible by pouring more money into services like telebehavioral health. So why are we still seeing significant increases in mental health conditions and drug overdose deaths? Are we putting our money in the right places? In this episode Rachel (Rae) Woods invites Advisory Board’s Darby Sullivan and Rachel Zuckerman to discuss the root causes of behavioral health inequity and the progress that has – and has not – been made in addressing the issue.
- Behavioral healthcare workforce shortage
- Inequities in behavioral health
- Ep. 68: Seattle Children's approach to behavioral health
- Ep. 86: The good and the (unintentionally) bad of virtual behavioral health investment
- Our Health Equity and Racism playlist
To explore Advisory Board's latest thinking on the future of value-based care, visit advisory.com/VBC.
Interested in sharing your thoughts about health care on an Open Mic? Pitch us your idea by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org