For years, consumers have felt the effects of the increased use of their data. From receiving targeted advertisements to personalized recommendations online, it is no secret that giants in various industries are taking advantage of complex consumer data. But how does this look in the healthcare space?
In part one of a new three-part series on consumer data, host Rachel Woods invites Advisory Board experts Solomon Banjo and Ty Aderhold to discuss how various industry players are taking advantage and navigating the challenges of the use of consumer data in healthcare. In the conversation, they explore exactly what kind of information is being used, what this means for various stakeholders, and how the rising use of consumer health data is poised to radically change the industry.
- HHS: How to handle reproductive health data after Dobbs v. Jackson
- 'Deeply troubled': Security experts worry about Facebook trackers on hospital sites
- Around the nation: FTC issues warning about usage of consumers' biometric data
- Winners and losers from FTC's increased focus on consumer privacy in healthcare
- How Companies Learn Your Secrets
Learn more about Advisory Board’s upcoming webinar on key innovations in cancer care for patients by visiting https://www.advisory.com/resources/events