Addressing the social determinants of health (SDOH) within a community is a critical part of any population health strategy—and at ProMedica, it's a priority. In this episode, Rae speaks with ProMedica's Kate Sommerfeld, president of social determinants of health, and Brian Miller, chief medical information officer, about how their system addresses SDOH, what the business case is for tackling this issue, and why data and analytics are critical to focusing on SDOH.
- For more information about ProMedica’s Social Determinants of Health efforts
- For more information about ProMedica's Social Determinants of Health solutions for employers
- Social Determinants of Health Data
- The field guide for defining providers' role in addressing social determinants of health
- Here's how 4 organizations are leveraging IT to address social determinants of health