Unwavering purpose, the creation of Ballad Health
May 2nd, 2023
29 mins 52 secs
About this Episode
In 2018, Wellmont Health System and Mountain States Health Alliance, who both served regions of Northeast Tennessee and Southwest Virginia, merged to create one organization – Ballad Health. The merger was seen by leadership as essential but led to a host of difficult decisions and even public backlash. So, how did leaders work to navigate such a complex environment?
In part two of Radio Advisory's Leadership series, host Rachel Woods invites Lisa Carter, the CEO of Ballad Health's Southern Market, to discuss her experience navigating complex challenges and a contentious response to the merger of two legacy health systems in Northern Tennessee.
- Ep. 160: What navigating complexity can tell us about leadership
- Introduction to adaptive leadership
- How to turn uncertainty to your advantage
- The Executive’s Role in Fostering Resilient, Adaptive Leaders
- Ep. 17: Leadership series #1: Leading in uncertain times
- Ep. 80: Whitman-Walker's commitment to vulnerable communities is more than just a mission statement
Learn more about Advisory Board Sponsorship opportunities at advisory.com/sponsorship