Value-based care has been dominating industry conversations in recent years. Here on Radio Advisory, we talk a lot about best practices, how to make the right investments, and how to best prepare leaders for the future of value-based care. But given all this momentum, we want to spend time asking the question: what are the misconceptions or misaligned expectations that leaders have around value-based care?
In this episode, host Rachel (Rae) Woods invites Advisory Board value-based care expert Daniel Kuzmanovich and Optum Advisory Service's SVP of value-based care, Erik Johnson, to discuss the mindset shifts they think leaders should be making when pursuing a sustainable value-based care strategy. Throughout the conversation they discuss what leaders are currently getting wrong, how myths about value-based care are impacting the industry, and more.
- Ep. 172: Build a value-based enterprise: Live from 2023 Value-Based Care Summit
- Ep. 126: [Bonus content] Commercial risk is possible—here's how
- How Health Plans Can Support Providers in Risk
- The climb to value-based care
- [Upcoming Roundtable, Nov. 9-10] Shaping the New Era of Value-Based Care
Explore what volumes and revenues a structural heart program could capture in different scenarios, with Advisory Board's new calculator, sponsored by Edwards Lifesciences.
Advisory Board is a subsidiary of Optum. All Advisory Board research, expert perspectives, and recommendations remain independent.