Health equity is a topic long talked about in health care circles, but there's one specific area of health equity the United States is woefully behind in—maternal health. In this episode, Rae sits down with Callie Chamberlain, co-director of social responsibility at Optum and a trained birth doula, and Advisory Board's Darby Sullivan, to discuss the dire state of maternal health in America and the role the entire industry plays in supporting pregnant people. Radio Advisory is produced by Advisory Board, a division of Optum, which is a wholly owned subsidiary of UnitedHealth Group.
- Snapshot of Maternal Health Inequity
- Addressing the Root Causes of Maternal Health Inequity
- Radio Advisory Playlist: Health equity and racism episodes
- Optum's Until It's Fixed podcast
- Optum's health equity webpage
Advisory Board is a subsidiary of Optum. All Advisory Board research, expert perspectives, and recommendations remain independent.